What is your company’s story? On today’s episode of The Road to Seven podcast I’m speaking with Melissa Durrell, the president of Durrell Communications public relations agency.
For nearly 20 years she worked as an award-winning journalist before founding her own start up company. She tells her client’s amazing stories by using insider knowledge to gain local and international exposure.
Today we’re talking about the role activism can play when you grow your business and how Melissa has grown from a company of one to a team of eight high-producing PR and communications experts.
Takeaways from this episode
- When you’re talking to the media you have to have a sticky story
- Create a strong story people will remember
- Make sure you’re providing solutions to people’s problems
- Every company has a story
- To find your story ask, “Why should people care about what you’re doing?”
- Hire amazing people—your revenue will jump right away when you do
- Look for people who want to be mentored and have great leadership skills
- Learn how to delegate tasks to your staff