What happens after you reach your big, hairy, audacious goal?
On today’s episode of The Road to Seven podcast I’m speaking with Kelsey Ramsden, author of Success Hangover.
Described as “the 50 million dollar women” by Forbes magazine, Kelsey is known as a master builder of ideas, companies and sky’s-the-limit futures. Twice named the Canada female entrepreneur, she has founded and scaled businesses in industries as diverse as construction and kids toys.
Today we’re talking about what happens after you reach your goal and things we can do to work through the success hangover.
Takeaways from this episode
- Having an MBA doesn’t make you a business person
- It’s important to build alignment with your business and the people who work there
- The goal is not the finish line—there is no finish line in entrepreneurship
- Feedback doesn’t mean you’re not good enough. Allow feedback and input to make you better
- Go for the hard stuff, that’s where all the best stuff is
- Don’t surround yourself with critics, surround yourself with people who have your back and give you the tough feedback
- Receive feedback with care and love but also remember you have your own mind
- Don’t lose your innovation—ask yourself is there a more exciting way to work? Is there something different you can try?